Senior Front-End Engineer
Coinbits is on a mission to bring the Bitcoin Standard into being, one bitcoiner at a time. Coinbits products include the CoinBits app for both passive and active bitcoin saving, Coinbits Reserve, a concierge service for high net worth individuals and business, and more in the pipeline. We hire opinionated bitcoiners with the chops, self-direction, and sense of ownership needed to survive and thrive in our high-intensity, distributed startup.
We're looking for an experienced front-end developer to help build our next generation of bitcoin products and services. By joining the team early in our current growth phase, you will have tremendous impact by building new interactive experiences and features that scale revenue.
What you'll do
- Create beautiful user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy and secure using modern tools like React, Typescript, and GraphQL.
- Work closely with our executive team and product team to quickly implement new features.
- Embody best-in-class software development practices so that we can build an opinionated product
Technology you’ll work with
- React frontend written in Typescript using Radix UI + Stitches
- Mix of RPC over Websockets + GraphQL
- Elixir in the backend
- Hosted on Google Cloud with K8s
What we want to see
- Track record of shipping user-facing software that is both functional and delightful
- Familiarity with trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability
- Working knowledge of design patterns and architectures for bitcoin products and services
- Experience with product and design lifecycles, and close collaboration with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Professional experience with bitcoin is a plus; maximalists preferred
About the team
- We are both self-directed and highly collaborative. We rely on the personal leadership of all our team members to make an impact.
- Our team is distributed, with the option of working onsite at HQ in New Jersey if desired.
- The core of our workday takes place during work hours in the Eastern timezone of the US.
- We are highly engaged in the bitcoin community. All our team members are invited to participate in externally-facing activities.
- We balance our love for discussing and debating big ideas with the discipline to execute and ship.
How to apply
To apply, reach out to us at email@example.com and submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio. Provide work samples where possible, and please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
For extra credit, show us an example of something that’s good, and an example of something that’s great.*
*Not something you created, and no explanation needed.
Coinbits is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.